Scan & Match
A service that provides consumers with the ability to seamlessly access on any of their devices all of the content they own.
The Scan & Match process removes lengthy, file uploads and removes the Digital Rights Management (DRM) conflicts and file format challenges associated with accessing content on devices that support a range of different file formats. Since the content is streamed from content aggregators utilizing our smart routing technology, the quality is maximised for each platform, providing the perfect experience every time.
A single registry
Play Anywhere® registers all of the user’s digital content, whether it was uploaded from a CD to the PC or downloaded from an online music store, to the Cloud. Through this process, Play Anywhere® acts as a rights locker, creating a single library of the user’s content and enabling access from any other supported device within the user’s account.
After registering all existing content, the Play Anywhere® system tracks, routes and disburses revenues to all relevant parties within the ecosystem.
A simple process
The Play Anywhere® app scans a user’s entire music library and then matches content against a library of over eight million tracks in our Play Anywhere® database. This process takes just a few minutes and does away with the need for slow and cumbersome file uploads.
A rich user experience
The current Play Anywhere® music access service offers:
- Listening on the move or via the Internet from a smartphone or web player.
- Full playlist matching with access to a user’s entire collection.
- Playlist sharing via the most popular social networks.
- Offline audio that lets users save and cache tracks on their devices, so they can access their music even when there is no coverage.
- Automatically adds new tracks so that anything added on a home computer is immediately available on any device.
Contact us to find out more about providing users what they want, when they want it, and where they want it