Senior System Administrator Position
Senior System Administration Position
- Server farms architecture, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Recommending, upgrading and maintaining current Linux systems.
- Database administration (MySQL)
- Source control admin (CVS& Subversion)
- Network configuration, and system security
- Linux mail server and Exchange server maintenance.
- Supporting local software engineers, and providing technological solutions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction.
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Has a solid understanding of a LINUX-based operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Shell, python).
- Ability to do debugging and modification of C programs.
- Managerial skills.
- More than five years of previous system administration and team leading experience.
Desirable Background and Skills
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
- Significant programming background in any applicable language.
Email resume to: email@example.com